Home School Link Worker
Home School Link Workers work within schools to support families and encourage all children to enjoy school and feel happy and secure.
The role of a HSLW:
• Offering support in school term time
• Supporting parents/carers and families
• Improve attendance and punctuality
• Promoting positive behaviour
We work in partnership with parents/carers, schools and other agencies to support families aiming to reduce current stressful situations and prevent future difficulties. We work to ensure that all children enjoy school and are happy and secure and it may be that school staff ask the HSLW to make contact with families.
The HSLW can help by providing:
• One to one support, a listening ear and advice
• Signposting to other agencies i.e. information of local services and community activities
• Support groups for parents/carers.
Who can the HSLW help?
• Parents/carers faced with behavioural issues with their children.
• Families who are experiencing change, such as parental separation or bereavement.
• Parents/carers to improve attendance and punctuality.
• Families impacted by illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties etc.
• Those needing information on local services and community activities.
• Parents needing help completing forms and documentation e.g benefit applications.
• Children who are experiencing difficult times or are withdrawn or anxious.
How do I contact the HSLW?
Telephone: 020 8398 1310
We would like to thank Walton on Thames Charity for kindly supporting some of our parents, carers and children.